Do Any Of These Thoughts Sound Familiar To You?
- I can’t get my thoughts to stop going round and around.”
- “I start thinking of all the things I have to get done and get overwhelmed.”
- “I wake up with a feeling of dread and I don’t know why.”
- “I can’t stop worrying about my children, whether they are doing well and questioning myself about whether I am doing enough to help them.”
- “I lie awake at night, going over things that happened and what I said.”
Worry usually involves thoughts about negative events that might happen in the future or sometimes about things that you have done, or said, in the past that you wish you had handled differently. Often it involves worry about what other people think about you.
Everyone gets anxious sometimes, but if your worries and fears are so frequent that they interfere with your ability to function and relax, you may have an anxiety disorder.
I am passionate about helping people cope as life doesn’t need to be this hard!
Symptoms of Anxiety – Everyone’s experience is different but can include emotional and physical symptoms:
- You know that you worry much more than you should
- You have trouble controlling constant worries
- You are not able to relax
- You have a hard time concentrating
- You have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep
- You might feel tired all the time
- You can have headaches, muscle aches, stomach aches, or unexplained pains
- You experience irritability and mood swings.
I am here to help you develop research based effective coping strategies that will help you start to overcome your worries and anxiety.
By providing therapy remotely, by phone or video sessions, I help people access specialist help in the most convenient way. Read more about how remote sessions work Video & Phone Sessions.
What Can I Do Right Now That Will Help?
When clients first come in to see me, the main concerns that come up again and again are:
How can I feel less stressed, angry and overwhelmed?
What should I do if I feel panicky?
How can I stop worrying about everything: my children, partner, friends, work, my “to do” list….
So I put together a booklet with some strategies I am always giving to my clients to help them begin to feel less anxiety and to worry less.
I hope that you will find it helpful too.
Add your first name and email address in the box below and you will be sent the steps to download your FREE book.
Please let me know if you have any questions after reading the booklet. Also, if you would like to read more, I have many articles and anxiety, what it is and how to overcome it in my Anxiety blog posts .
If after reading the booklet you feel ready to start working on reducing your anxiety but need support, I can help you overcome worrying in one-on-one individual counseling sessions.
In a supportive environment with a therapist who has over 25 years of experience you can learn how to reduce worrying by:
- Learning a variety of relaxation and breathing strategies which can help you reduce your overall levels of stress and help you face anxiety-provoking situations.
- Learning how Cognitive Therapy (CBT) helps you to distinguish between worries that require your attention and worries that are unnecessary.
- Learning skills to manage anxious thoughts and to tackle fears that may have been holding you back.
There isn’t a cookie cutter approach to treating anxiety. First we will get to the root of the problem and then our sessions will go over coping strategies and homework tasks between sessions that are individually tailored to your particular worries and concerns.
While all your worries won’t disappear, you will be given strategies to manage them better and tools to reduce the impact they have on your life.
If you feel anxiety is standing in the way of you leading the life you want to, call me on 847 791-7722 or via the email form below.
I also share posts about psychological studies and articles on Facebook, Instagram and Youtube so please join me there too!
If you scroll up to the top right-hand side of my website there are icons that link to my social media platforms. They are business pages so your privacy is protected and I won’t be able to see what you post.
Also, please feel free to share details about this useful booklet with your friends.