Parenting is the toughest job in the world but one we get little preparation for!
Are you battling with a toddler with a will of steel?
Are mealtimes a nightmare and not the happy, family time you imagined it would be?
Perhaps bedtime is chaotic and everyone in the house needs to get more sleep?
Whether you are concerned about your toddler or teen, parenting can be tough. It is probably the source of your greatest worries. I have a great deal of experience of working with parents in various states of stress. We all want to do the best for our children and help them as much as we can. It’s not always easy though, is it?
Starting with babies on up, I can help you with the specifics of tackling sleep training, mealtime drama and temper tantrums. As your child grows, concerns change, and parenting worries are more about how your child is doing socially, sibling rivalry or power struggles they are having with you. You may be feeling a little overwhelmed by all the responsibility you have as a parent or having a tough time navigating changes in your relationships with your partner, grandparents, other family members or friends.
These are some very common parenting dilemmas I work with parents to overcome:
- Transitioning to parenthood
- Sleep issues from infants to adolescents
- Fussy eaters & mealtime dramas
- Ending temper tantrums
- Parenting the strong-willed child
- Parenting an anxious child
- Parenting kids with ADHD
- Deciding whether to return to work
- Dealing with grandparents
- How to handle discipline from toddlers to teens
- How to stay calm when everything seems out of control
Using your specialist knowledge of your child, and my specialist knowledge about developing strong parenting strategies, we can work together to give you the confidence to enjoy life with your kids more.
Is Parenting Coaching Right For You?
Some people worry that seeing a parenting coach is a sign of weakness. “I should know how to do all this”, “other parents seem to be coping!” The truth is, it takes a lot of courage to reach out for help. Sometimes people just need a few sessions to discuss a specific concern and get back on track. Others need more time because they are dealing with multiple issues or perhaps coming to term with their own history of being parented.
The benefits of Parenting Coaching can include:
- Feeling more confident in your parenting decisions.
- Building a stronger relationship with your kids.
- Making and sticking to your parenting goals.
- Learning to be consistent and manage your own emotions in difficult situations.
- Feeling more relaxed and empowered while raising your child/children.
- Learn to discipline without yelling.
One issue that I find comes up again and again is how to handle discipline and arguments within the family. So I put together a booklet with some strategies I am always saying to my clients to help them begin to improve their relationship with their child and reduce the amount of shouting, arguing and tantrums that can occur. I hope that you will find it helpful too.
I invite you to contact me on 847 791-7722 or at email@example.com with any questions you have after reading the booklet. Also, I have several blog posts on my blog about parenting that you might like to look at too.